Monday, February 28, 2005

 

The University of Windsor is on Spring Break!

It's that time of year again!

You know: the time of year where all popular media tells you that what you should be doing is just what all those Americans are supposed to do - and what a hell of a lot of Canadian students do just as well: It's time to pack up a car, get in the plane or shove the rubber floating duck ring into the train and head somewhere 1) Warmer, 2) With a beach and 3) with a small year-round population that begrudgingly caters to the North American well-to-do during spring break - athough accepts their money without so much as a "make sure you make it to a toilet if you vomit."





You detect a bit of mirth? Why, how perceptive of you. Yes, yes I know what you're thinking. "But Tyler, the money that those small beach communities make during Spring Break is integral to their economy!" and it is true, I do agree with you. It is true: Where would the people in Daytona beach be without the American college students? They'd have to settle for NASCAR, and nobody wants to do that. Wait, Floridians? Bad example. But I digress: that's not why I'm pissed.
Well, I'm not really that pissed. Per se. As much as getting drunk off two bad, watery Budweisers because of my almost hospitalizable sunburn on a beach would be awesome - and it really would - the negative affect that I'm exhibiting can be attributed to a more sinister emotion: Jealousy. Yes, that's right - if you hadn't figured it out already, I'm jealous that I'm going nowhere farther than my hometown of Toronto for the break. I'm jealous that I don't get to have a kegger on a rooftop in Tampa. I'm jealous that I don't get to streak in Indian Shores. But c'est la vie. What can you do, eh? Well, we can have fun where ever we are, that's what!





For those of us that are dwelling in the cold for this spring break I implore all of you to have the best time possible. Who the hell wants a sunburn, anyway? I'd prefer to get freezing windburn instead from tobboganning. Sand in my swim shorts? Naw, I'll take snow in my snowpants, thanks. Getting accosted by the police for public drunkenness? Shit, you can still do that in the cold!
So where ever you are, I hope you're planning a kick ass March break. Unless you're in Ajijic, then I hope you get fucking hepatitis. But for those snowed in, I want to see some pictures of cold, winter fun. I'll post them, I promise. And I know that you guys out there have digital cameras - I've used them - so no excuses. I will give preference to 3) Tobboganning related injuries, 2) snow penises and most of all 1) naked snow angels.

Happy Spring Break!



<< Home
_______
Welcome to Delta f
____________________


My Photo
Name:
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Delata f is the original open-sourced Anti-Frat. Dedicated to sticking it to the man; respect for every one; changing this crazy urban world we call home in a way that makes it more awesome, and of course, we party a lot, too. Located at 194 Bridge Ave. In Windsor Ontario. Be the first and coolest kid on your block to join an Anti-Frat!! See you at the Bar!!

Facebook me!

Make money With Google!



!!New!!
Delta f Video
  • St. Patrick's Day 2006
  • Candice's Double Motorboat
  • JM's Final Soliloquy


  • Posts of Note
  • A little more about Delta f
  • Delta f St. Patrick's Day Extraviganza


  • The Elk Incident


  • RockBottom and me falling off a Couch
  • The Loop: A Windsor Institution
  • Last night 2004
  • A night in the life


  • _____

    AntiFrats in the Delta f network
  • Chronic the Hedgehog and DGF
  • The Organization of the Pink Ninja


  • _____


    Delta f Listens to
  • One Man's Opinion


  • _____
    archives
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • March 2006
  • April 2006

  • _____


    Pease Use This Google Search!
    Google
    Links