Wednesday, November 10, 2004

 

I make booze in my closet

No, I do, I really do - I make booze in my closet. Technically, it's apple cider, but the amount of "reviews" I've received to the tune of "I just can't quite put my finger on what the hell is stopping this from being good," or "well...It's not that bad," all get the same reply: It was made in my closet - what the hell do you expect.
All I did was get about twenty bucks worth of apples from the ol' A&P and boiled them down to mush (something I learned that I shouldn't do); added just over a kilo of sugar to the mix and then tossed it all into a five gallon tub, then filling it near the top with water. Add yeast, then wait for four or five weeks. Please note - I'm simplifying here people.

Over the course of making this stuff, a few things went wrong. Nothing major, but I feel I should point then out. First, my closet is pretty cold, which is not a really read thing for making booze.
Next, the top of the tub that I used to brew this stuff was a little contraption I rigged up to keep the oxygen out, but the CO2 in - to make sure bacteria keeps it's nasty self out. To make a long story short: I broke said contraption without knowing it while rummaging (drunkenly) through my closet. I still hadn't known I'd broken it two weeks later when I checked on the stuff. Oops!
Well along came the day to bottle the stuff, and after taking out most of the apple chunks (much to my present housemates' relief) I was left with ten one-litre bottles of closet-made Windsor Swish. Yum Yum. Hydrometric testing throughout the process tells me that I have a brew of about 5% alcohol, by volume. Why the hell would I do this? You ask. "Everyone needs a hobby," I say, and cheap booze (I swear it's not that bad when you get used to it) is most of the time a swell thing.
I'm currently working on a much more potent recipe that you brew, and then leave out in the freezing, Canadian winter air over night, separating the frozen water from the liquid - though nicely chilled - ethyl alcohol. Closet Swish brand Ice Distilled Moonshine should be available at Delta f in mid December - just in time for post-exam partying! See you there!


until then, we're just going to have to be happy with the good 'ol beer store.
*sigh*



<< Home
_______
Welcome to Delta f
____________________


My Photo
Name:
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Delata f is the original open-sourced Anti-Frat. Dedicated to sticking it to the man; respect for every one; changing this crazy urban world we call home in a way that makes it more awesome, and of course, we party a lot, too. Located at 194 Bridge Ave. In Windsor Ontario. Be the first and coolest kid on your block to join an Anti-Frat!! See you at the Bar!!

Facebook me!

Make money With Google!



!!New!!
Delta f Video
  • St. Patrick's Day 2006
  • Candice's Double Motorboat
  • JM's Final Soliloquy


  • Posts of Note
  • A little more about Delta f
  • Delta f St. Patrick's Day Extraviganza


  • The Elk Incident


  • RockBottom and me falling off a Couch
  • The Loop: A Windsor Institution
  • Last night 2004
  • A night in the life


  • _____

    AntiFrats in the Delta f network
  • Chronic the Hedgehog and DGF
  • The Organization of the Pink Ninja


  • _____


    Delta f Listens to
  • One Man's Opinion


  • _____
    archives
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • March 2006
  • April 2006

  • _____


    Pease Use This Google Search!
    Google
    Links